We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For a long time I wanted to prepare a steak with ouzo. I received this drink from my son after a vacation in Greece. At the same time, I was gifted with a traditional Greek glazed dish for baked goods + Greek spices. About ouzo, which is a drink with specific Greek anise, you can find here http://grecia.travelon.ro/curiozitati/ouzo/. An appropriate recipe was imposed on the Greek dish and drink.
I prepared the house rabbit for Sunday meal, inspired by this recipe https://faghta-giagias.blogspot.be/2014/08/kouneli-psito-sti-ladokolla-gioulbasi.html.
- 1 house rabbit (3.5 kg)
- 100 ml ouzo
- 100 ml cold pressed olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic
- 6 small carrots
- 2 baked bell peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green hot peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek oregano
- Himalayan salt
Preparation time: over 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Kouneli psito- greek rabbit steak:
- The rabbit, well cleaned and washed, I cut it into four pieces.
- Allow the meat to drain and massage well with salt and ouzio.
- Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
- Before use, let the vessel hydrate for 20 minutes with water. I haven't read anywhere but I thought it works the same as with our ceramic pots
- Place the carrots on the bottom of the dish and place the pieces of meat on top.
- Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, blended baked pepper and chopped onion.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and sprinkle with olive oil.
- For the spicy taste, I cut the slices of green hot peppers and placed them on top of the steak.
- Put the lid on the pot and put it in the oven for two hours.
- The oven does not preheat.
- after an hour the meat turns from side to side. After another 30 minutes, repeat the operation.
- The dish must always be covered with the lid, so the steak will not dry out, it will brown nicely.
- Serve with your favorite garnish. We had potatoes with green onions and broccoli [from our own garden] sautéed with butter.
How to make rabbit with vegetable sauce and red wine
trustee meat of peel if applicable, a wash and possibly a we cut into pieces suitable or leave whole thighs.
In a large bowl we prepare marinade for the rabbit, namely: we put wine, oil, sliced garlic, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns and salt to taste, mixing everything with a whisk.
introducing rabbit meat in the marinade which we leave over night or at least 4-5 hours (if we want a faster steak).
We prepare it square tray with high walls ( 40/40 ), in which we will put olive oil, rabbit meat seasoned with dried thyme and crushed garlic, carrot cut into thin strips, red wine + 1 cup water.
cover tray with a aluminum foil, and put it in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes take the tray out of the oven, remove the foil ( turn the meat) and add sliced tomatoes and put in the oven for more 30 minutes to drop from the liquid and form vegetable sauce and brown the meat.
This one rabbit steak with vegetable sauce and red wine can be served with a rice garnish, mashed potatoes etc & # 8230 garnished with freshly chopped parsley.
Ingredients for rabbit with onion sauce
1 domestic rabbit of 1 1/2 kg (we use the muscles on the back, the front and back thighs and possibly the spinal cord)
1-1.5 kg of onion (gives sweetness and taste to rabbit meat)
1oo ml oil (for sauteing onions)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
4-5 cloves of garlic (sliced)
a few sprigs of fresh parsley (for decoration)
For the marinade
Candy in a calendar box
Chocolate fruit bouquet
Box of 4 chocolate hearts
1/2 bunch of finely chopped fresh parsley
4 cloves whole garlic
Syrup cake with oranges and yogurt & # 8211 Greek recipe for portokalopita
Cake in syrup with oranges and yogurt & # 8211 Greek recipe for orange juice. How to make pie with yogurt, oranges and thin sheets? Syrup pie with oranges. Pie recipes. Greek recipes. Yogurt recipes. Recipes with oranges.
I have to tell you that I fell in love with this cake in syrup with oranges and yogurt! Portokalopita is extremely fragrant and tasty, with a fluffy texture similar to an orange soufflé. The aromas of vanilla and orange are a perfect combination for this dessert that can be served hot or cold.
This cake syruped with oranges and yogurt or portokalopita is very easy and quick to prepare. Make a cream from yogurt, eggs, sugar and orange juice that is poured over the torn pie sheets. After baking, the cake is syrupy in abundance. The final texture is something between soufflé and pudding. It is an oriental dessert, very fragrant and sweet.
There is no original recipe for portokalopita. I studied many gecko recipes and saw that the ingredients used vary a lot as well as their proportions. Some recipes contained olive oil (which is clearly typical Greek), others neutral oil (sunflower) or melted butter (plain or mixed with oil), some contained eggs, some did not, some used vanilla, others cinnamon & # 8230
The only elements common to all these recipes were: Greek sheets (thin ones of strudel or pie), oranges, yogurt and sugar syrup.
Most of the recipes contained baking powder or baking soda which was meant to ensure the "fluffiness" of the composition & # 8230 which does not contain flour! You already know that I hate the use of these powders due to the taste of lye that gives the dishes, moreover, their bezmetic use in boiled things (semolina dumplings), puddings or vegetable soufflés or in the filling of pies. Yes, there are certain recipes where you can't give up baking powder (carrot cake, banana bread or honey sheets that are very strong). In cakes or sponge cakes, this is not necessary because we can beat the egg whites separately and the air accumulated in them works perfectly as a natural loosening.
I did the same with this yogurt and orange pie: I separated the eggs and beat them separately. The result was a wow one! I got a tall, fluffy cake with a special texture.
I did the same in the case of the classic yogurt pie & # 8211 recipe herei. Don't be lazy to beat the egg whites because the result is clearly superior to other versions.
From the quantities below results a cake syruped with oranges and yogurt of 30 x 25 cm (my tray is 6 cm high) enough for 15 smaller portions or about 9 larger ones. The sources of inspiration were this and that.
Here's how to do it:
- Fry the chicken pieces, or legs, in olive oil with salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- When the chicken is browned, turn it over in a pan, add the bay leaves, sprinkle with the parsley and broth mixed with water.
- Cut the onion into small pieces (or the whole chives, just cleaned), fry them in butter and put them in the pan over the chicken.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and leave it in the oven at 200 degrees C. for about an hour.
Stifado chicken is served with a garnish of boiled rice only with salt over which you pour the sauce from the tray, which is delicious. This recipe can also be made with veal or rabbit meat. The preparation time of this recipe is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Coleslaw salad & # 8211 cabbage salad recipe with creamy dressing
A coleslaw salad is very easy to prepare. It is a salad of raw vegetables made of white cabbage to which can be added red cabbage, raw carrots, celery root, onion, etc. There is no original coleslaw recipe! Each area or family prepares it according to their own taste.
This coleslaw salad is very popular in the United States because it is very versatile and can be served with many dishes, especially grilled & # 8211 BBQ, grill but also next to roasted roasts in the oven or in the pan. The name of this salad comes from the Dutch "koolsla”Which even means cabbage salad. Coleslaw pronounces "Low neck" (with emphasis on the first syllable). The Americans call it "slaw."
The simplest version is the one prepared only from finely chopped white cabbage and seasoned with a simple vinaigrette with vinegar and oil & # 8211 that is exactly like our cabbage salad & # 8211 see the recipe here.
It is not wrong if we make coleslaw salad with a mixture of white and red cabbage and if we add other elements: fried bacon, carrots, bell peppers, pineapple, ripened cheeses, pickles, onions or herbs. (source: Wiki). Equally permissive is the choice of dressing: from mayonnaise or mayonnaise mix with Greek yogurt to lighter, healthier versions that are made only with yogurt or whipped milk or even with the simple vinaigrette I mentioned above. The dressing is seasoned with salt and pepper but also supports (according to taste): lemon juice, plain or aromatic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, spicy Tabasco sauces, etc.
Okay, I admit that a coleslaw salad with mayonnaise is very good, but it's not bad with a low-calorie dressing either. I chose to make a mayonnaise mix with yogurt and, in addition to white cabbage, I put red cabbage, carrots and green onions. Something very tasty and fragrant came out!
Low post-baked beans & Greek recipe Gigandes Plaki
Low Baking Fast, Baked & # 8211 Greek Gigandes Plaki recipe presented in video format. In the video recipe below you will find a bean dish with garlic and tomatoes, very fragrant, delicious as a side dish or appetizer.
Do you ever miss summer vacation, its aromas, pampering and relaxation? I confess that I have many such moments. Especially now, when spring is so long awaited and when our roads have been shortened. My cure for these moments is memories. We look at pictures, we laugh, we evoke the simple joys we need so much. And there are the tastes! Wherever I went, one of my ways to take something from that place with me was cookbooks. I bought books with recipes specific to each place I had the chance to visit. The low-fat bean recipe I propose to you today is cooked, per gram, according to a recipe from a Greek cookbook.
In short, about the preparation Gigandes Plaki
Gigandes Plaki, this is the name under which the preparation appears in the book. The recipe is as simple as can be. By the way, I published earlier something quite similar. What makes it different is the type of beans used, the beans giant beans, large and creamy, and the fact that one of the spices of the spicy tomato sauce in which the food is baked, in the oven, is cinnamon, in the form of a stick. Don't even think that this low bean could taste sweet! Cinnamon, in this case, gives subtlety and authenticity to the dish, which will surprise you with exactly the taste of that superb dish that is served at mezze, in Greece.
Another interesting fact is that, here, we are used to the term plaque to refer to a preparation from fish. Originally, plachia / plaki may have other main ingredients. It is common for all plates to be cooked in the oven, in tomato sauce with garlic and onion. For the next Greek-style low bean recipe, you need those huge bean beans, which can be harder to find and cook. Like any bean, the giant variety requires to be soaked in cold water overnight. The next day it should be drained, cooked until tender, drained again of the water in which it boiled. Only then can we move on to preparing the recipe, in fact. All these preliminary operations often take time until the bean cravings disappear, so we chose a more practical and much faster option.
How I adapted this low-fat, Greek-style fasting bean recipe
Instead of the dry bean version, I chose the steamed white beans, canned with the inscription "steam" from D’Aucy. I thought it was a super advantageous choice, because the preparation time was shortened by a few good hours. In addition, the beans in these preserves have exactly the shape, taste and creamy consistency of the beans and are cooked delicately, exactly to the point where they are tender but retain their shape. All D’Aucy cans are premium quality, containing only vegetables, water and salt, no preservatives, dyes, etc. The recipe for low-fat Greek-style fasting can be found below in video format.
How to make rabbit in onion sauce
May first we prepare the rabbit to be marinated.
a vessel quite roomy we will put pieces of rabbit meat, which I washed well in several waters with vinegar and skin cleansing.
Then we will put seasoning for MARINE over rabbit meat, for 24 hours cold in the refrigerator, turning them several times on all sides.
When will be time to prepare rabbit meat, then we will take out from marinade.
a teflon pan in which I put oil, we will add onion cleaned and washed that I cut julien.
Or we'll leave it at that hardened until it becomes translucent, then we turn it off fire and we deal with rabbit meat.
a pot room we will put at boiled rabbit meat in marinade in which it sat (removing the solid ingredients) over low heat about 50 minutes , with a lid on top to boils inabusit.
After what boiled rabbit meat on half, we will take it out and put it in a vas Jena or o rectangular tray over which we add hardened onions, red wine, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns, allspice berries, dried thyme, tomato juice, salt and pepper.
We will Mix easy to combine ingredients and flavors.
We will enter vessel in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for yet one hour over low heat.
from from time to time we will & # 8222uda & # 8221 rabbit meat with sauce formed so as not to dry.
When It is beautifully browned, and onion to melted and formed a S.O.S, turn off the heat and remove oven steak.
it may be serve warm on a PLATEAU, decorated with freshly chopped parsley.
Together of this steak go very well a mashed potatoes and some pickles.
Ingredients for rabbit steak on the tray
For the marinade
Candy in a calendar box
Chocolate fruit bouquet
Box of 4 chocolate hearts
How to prepare marinade for the rabbit in the pan
In a large bowl we will put cleaned and chopped onion julienne, wine, olive oil, sliced garlic cloves, vinegar salt and pepper mixing until the ingredients are combined.
How to prepare rabbit meat for marinating
We will cut the rabbit meat into pieces, washed and cleaned of the skin and we will put it in the bowl in which we prepared the marinade.
We will cover the bowl with a food foil or put a lid and put it in the fridge for at least two days, in order to freeze it very well.
Useful to know when reading a menu in Greek
- Melizanes imam baildi (a delicacy) eggplant stuffed with onions, tomatoes and herbs served with Ntolmades beef fillets stuffed with rice and pine seeds.
- Choriatiki salad - Greek salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, capers, herbs and feta cheese
- Scharas (ie from the grill) over the sword on the grill with a bitter sour herb garnish.
- Psaria Plaki - baked whole fish with tomato sauce, carrots, potatoes and fennel and olive oil
- keftedes - meatballs with herbs and coriander served with saffron rice
- Kleftiko-oven-roasted goat meat in waterproof paper
- Syka sto fourno me Mavrodafni, fresh figs baked in wine sauce with spices and honey seasoned with orange blossom water
- Giaourti kai meli - yogurt with honey
Plateau in the Athens and Peloponnese area
- Kai aginares asparagus - boiled asparagus and angina with olive oil and lemon juice sauce
- Katopulo riganato- grilled with lemon and garnish
- Mprizoles beef or pork steak sprinkled with olive oil and lemon juice topped with fresh vegetables
- Avgotaracho-a rare and expensive kind - donkey pastrami
- Kakes, hot or cold vegetables - lentils and black olives, with lemon and olive oil seasoned with aromatic herbs.
- Souvlakia - pork chops or lamb marinated in lemon juice and herbs and then grilled.
Menu from northern Greece
-Saganaki - cheese fried in olive oil (iamm iamm) and served with lemon
- Skordalia me psari kapnisto - smoked fish with garlic sauce and hazelnuts and green olives
- Bourtheto - small fish (eg sardines) served with spicy tomato sauce and fried eggplant slices
- Fasolada - giant bean dish with herbs and olive oil
- Spetsofai - slices of peasant sausages in vegetable sauce
- Some famous cheese: Metsovo, Kefalotyri, Graviera, Kaseri
- Soutzoukakia - Macedonian specialty, meatballs with coriander, pepper and cumin
- Gemista - vegetables stuffed with rice and pine seeds and herbs, baked in the oven.
- Tas kebab, goat meat prepared so that you do not need a knife, the pieces come off only with a fork.
besides the wine by Tsipouro, I also recommend Mavrodaphne (fig wine) and Asprolithi